The Standard Tampa's Underage Leasing Process
The Standard at Tampa provides off campus student apartments located close to campus. In order to reserve a space in our USF off-campus housing applicants younger than 18 — as of the date their application is submitted — must have a parent or legal guardian that is older than 18 sign the housing contract in his or her name on behalf of the applicant. For more information about reserving a space in our Auburn apartments or to schedule a tour of our student housing community, please contact our office.
Instructions For Parents & Legal Guardians
In order to submit an application for applicants under the age of 18, the applicant’s parent or legal guardian must complete the following:
- Submit an application, either online or in person, in your name with your information — for application type, choose “Self Qualify Application”.
- Have the underage applicant complete the "Roommate Profile" portion.
- After submitting the application, select “Review & Sign.”
- Sign and initial each page of the attached housing contract as applicable.
- Add the “student” as a child occupant to the application or notify the leasing office.
Please be aware that accommodations are limited and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis upon signing the housing contract — the application does not ensure a space is reserved. If you have questions regarding the leasing process, please feel free to contact our leasing center, and we will be more than happy to assist you.